Sorry this is a day late but Daylight Savings kicked my butt.
In such a connected society it is difficult to remember that we are all people. More importantly, we neglect to acknowledge our own power. “Recognizing power in another does not diminish your own.” ― Joss Whedon
As a woman, you hold the power in your life. You are intuitive, beautiful, insightful and full of life. Heck you produce life. So why do you dull your own light when others are shining? You can shine as bright as others. Success, no matter the degree of it, is still success. So how are you powerful? Well let me count the ways.
1. You are you and that’s a beautiful thing. Your path is yours and no one can do it quite like you.
2. You are uniquely talented. We all bring something different into this world. Whether you sing, dance, draw, teach, care so forth and so on you are sharing your talent.
3. Beauty is you. Your thoughts, smiles, words and character are beautiful. The world may have an ideal, but do not forget that you are a strong force.
4. There is power in being your own person. Following your own path is never easy. However, many before us have done it and have succeeded, so why can’t you. It’s not easy but like Dumbledore said, “[…] there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.” Choose right.
5. Take pride and pleasure in where you are in your life. Screw what others say. Silence them. Power them off. You decide whether they affect you or not. Take control back. Use your power to move forward and create the life you want.