This is the season to be merry, however, this is not the case for everyone. Nevertheless, if you celebrate Christmas and are finding it hard to enjoy the small moments this season watching these movies may help to brighten your days. There is no rule that states you have to love Christmas. However, you should be happy. So hopefully these films will help to lift your spirits.
1. Elf: a human who grows up believing his an Elf is cute story. Add Will Ferrell and a string of other talented actors and you have one funny holiday movie.
2. Home: not a Christmas movie, yet a great film about family and friendship. Hint: Jim Parson voices Oh.
3. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas: is a classic. I simply love the live-action film with Jim Carrey and the ever so brilliant Max.
4. Love Actually: love, life, happiness, and sadness are rolled into one film with multiple storylines. It is great for a laugh/ cry.
5. Mean Girls: simply because we all love the “Jingle Bell Rock” performance. Oh, and the amazing duo of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey is comedy gold.
6. The Santa Clause: I had to add this one simply because for the sequel Hilary Duff released the catchiest Christmas single for it, “Santa Clause Lane.”
7. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
8. The Nightmare Before Christmas: a classic Tim Burton film.
9. The Holiday: Jack Black was absolutely endearing in this film.
10. The Princess Bride
These are films that I love to watch this time of year. I hope that in some way they help you too.